Rapper Mac Miller's cause of death was revealed on November 5, and coroner's say he died of a mixture of fentanyl and cocaine. The coroner ruled that the overdose caused by "mixed drug toxicity" was accidental.
The 26-year-old, who rose to fame after topping USA charts with his debut album in 2011, was found dead at his California home in September.
The report also found that he had alcohol in his system.
The drug was also a factor in the fatal overdose suffered by rapper Lil Peep in November 2017. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to the investigator's report, McCormick's personal assistant discovered him unresponsive in his bedroom and called 911.
What we might expect from the Samsung Galaxy S10
Galaxy S10 is such a highly anticipated smartphone that you can see its name pop up on every forum filled with tech enthusiasts. Samsung hosted the 4X Fun event in Malaysia in October to unveil the world's first smartphone with four rear cameras .
An empty bottle of alcohol was found on a nightstand near his bed. A $20 bill was found in his right pocket, rolled up with a "white powdery residue" on it.
Mac Miller died from a mix of fentanyl and cocaine. Performers at a tribute concert for him last week included Chance the Rapper, Travis Scott and John Mayer.
Miller's death came just months after he split from Ariana Grande and weeks after he was charged with a DUI.
An estimated 200 people die of overdoses every day, according to the US Drug Enforcement Administration.
Fentanyl was originally developed as a painkiller and anesthetic, but it's 50 to 100 times more potent than heroin. The majority-or least 68 percent-of those deaths could be attributed to opioids such as fentanyl.