The stir began last month, when New Jersey's Fabrizio Stabile visited a Texas wave pool and tragically ingested the deadly amoeba.
Eighteen-year-old Lauren Seitz of OH died in June 2016 after she contracted the brain-eating amoeba after rafting with a church group at the U.S. National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, N.C., the Charlotte Observer reported.
Stabile, known as "Fab", was a keen outdoors lover who had a passion for fishing, surfing and snowboarding, his obituary in the Press of Atlantic City said.
CDC crews collected water samples, trying to find the source of the contamination.
You can't get infected just by swallowing water; instead the contaminated water has to go inside your body through your nose.
The owner of the resort, Stuart E. Parsons Jr., said he will comply with requests related to the investigation of Stabile's death, noting the resort is in compliance with the CDC's "guidelines and recommendations concerning Naegleria fowleri". The initial symptoms may include headache, fever, nausea, or vomiting.
The surf park where Stabile is suspected to have contracted the infection. From there, the amoeba can travel to the brain, where it causes a severe inflammatory condition called primary amebic meningoencephalitis, or PAM.
OnePlus 6T Image Leaked With In-Display Fingerprint Scanner
In all likelihood, the OnePlus 6T will be powered by the Snapdragon 845 SoC and will be available in two memory configurations. Whether you call it teardrop, waterdrop, or something else, it clearly shows that it is only housing the front facing camera.
The surf resort has been closed pending the test results from the CDC, he said. PAM is hard to detect because the disease progresses rapidly, so diagnosis is usually made after death, the CDC said.
The "heat-loving" amoeba is most commonly found in soil and warm fresh water, including lakes rivers and hot springs.
Only four people of the 143 infected with the amoeba in the United States between 1962 and 2017 have survived.
The CDC will continue to investigate the surf resort in Waco.
A person can be contaminated with the amoeba while swimming or diving.
The park remains closed pending the findings of the CDC.