Dozens of residents sought shelter there during the storm despite warnings it was risky.
Hundreds of rescuers, including police and soldiers were still scrambling Monday to search for the missing.
Police Superintendent Pelita Tacio said 34 villagers had died and 36 remained missing in landslides in two villages in Itogon town in the northern Philippine mountain province of Benguet.
All that rain is flooding the rice fields in the country's biggest rice-producing region, which could cause lasting effects to the food supply.
"Even if I said that there is a 99% chance that they are all dead, there is still a 1% chance that I am wrong - declares Mayor of Itogon, Victorio Palangdan - Rescue will continue until the orders us to stop the operations ".
Mangkhut also shattered glass windows on commercial skyscrapers, felled trees, tore scaffolding off buildings under construction and flooded some areas of Hong Kong with waist-high waters, according to the South China Morning Post.
Mangkhut weakened from a typhoon to a tropical storm as it moved deeper into southern China yesterday, but leaving death and destruction in its wake, from Hong Kong to the Philippines. "I work with them", said miner Johnny Paggadut Jr.
4 people injured in shooting at Wisconsin business
Middleton police tweeted out a message that says, "Please lock all doors, stay inside and shelter in place until further notice". Keely Arthur of CNN affiliate WISC said about 50 police cars and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are at the scene.
Outside, she saw the house of her elderly brother, Lauro, who live with his family about two houses away, was buried in the landslide. "But many were left behind", he told the AP. The government and casinos took extra measures ahead of the storm, determined to avoid a repeat of Typhoon Hato which battered Macau past year, killing 12 people and drawing accusations the city was ill-prepared.
Authorities there said they had evacuated more than three million people and ordered tens of thousands of fishing boats back to port before the arrival of what Chinese media dubbed the "King of Storms".
Mangkhut mauled Hong Kong with 175km/h (109mph) winds and there was a record storm surge, with floodwaters reaching their highest levels since 1904, according to the city's forecaster.
Mangkhut battered the northern Philippines on Saturday before slamming into southern China on Sunday.
"In times like this, miners from all over the region pitch in", provincial police chief Lyndon Mencio, told AFP, adding they are an asset because of expertise at tunnelling. "We're striking a balance between intensifying our rescue efforts and ensuring the safety of our rescuers", Naga city Councilor Carmelino Cruz said by phone.